Monday, August 22, 2011

first day

Big day for me (Averie)...
New stage of parenting for Daddy & Mommy (the "elementary years")...

My First Day of Kindergarten
I was so excited...
Got my backpack ready...
...and ready to head to school.
I am attending Lake Norman Christian, and I love wearing the uniform,
especially since some of it is pink :)
All smiles...ready to go!
First stop...Dunkin' Donuts as a family. I enjoyed one of my favorites...a chocolate coconut donut. Yummy!
Next stop...Lake Norman Christian. Daddy, Mommy, Brady, & Brecken all walked me in this morning...
I was so excited!
Here I am in my classroom...ready to start my morning work of coloring!
Mommy & me
Daddy & Me
My brothers & Me
I had a great first day of school. We have 2 half days, and then, I start my full day of kindergarten on Wednesday. Yes, I am growing up fast...& loving it!

As tradition, we go out and celebrate the first day of school. And, we always go with my Aunt Helen. So, Stephanie & I sat together, talked all about our first day of school (we are in the same class...yay!), and giggled while we enjoyed our yummy food at "big fire"...our traditional location for the 4th year in a row.
Stephanie & Me
What a great day! I already love school and am so excited about going back tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Averie, you are such a big girl! I'm glad you enjoyed your first day of kindergarten and I hope you have a great rest of the year!