Wednesday, September 12, 2012

a broken thumb

Well, within 30 minutes of Daddy & Mommy getting back from their weekend getaway (pictures in next entry), I decided that I would close my thumb in the pantry door.  The door latched close...with my thumb still in it.  I screamed in pain, but after a while, I was able to let Mommy look at my thumb.  Purple & swollen...and bleeding!  But, I acted fine after a while, so we seemed to not worry.  The next day, the swelling hadn't gone down and I was still in some pain.  So, Mommy had our next door neighbor, who is an ER doctor, take a look at it.  He told us that he thought it was broken and we should see an orthopedic doctor for x-rays and such.  So, off we went...and after a few x-rays, it was confirmed that my thumb was broken.  Though the pain is mostly gone, I got this pretty cool splint that I hate wearing...and hopefully, it'll heal quickly!

I'm still all smiles, though!!

No comments: