Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just "horse-ing" around!

Hi Everyone ~ I (Averie) just wanted to tell you about this really cool birthday party that I went to...celebrating my neighbor's 6th birthday. We had a great time! We went to a local horse farm, and got to do all sorts of fun things with horses. Enjoy the pics!
Here I am...getting to brush a miniature horse...his name was Moon!
Then, I got to ride a horse all by myself. Mommy was going to ride with me, but I told her I really wanted to do it by myself. I think she was happy to not have to get on that horse with me, but sad to think I am always wanting to do things "by myself." Yes, I am growing up! :)
(My first wave to Mommy looks a little hesitant!!)
I was really nervous at first...this was my first time riding a horse. (I rode a pony at the Columbia Zoo in Ohio when I was about 18 months old, but Daddy was beside me the whole time!) I told the lady, "Not too fast, please." She just smiled at me!
Do I still look nervous, because I was?
Once we got going, I was so excited. It was so much fun. Here is my confident wave to Mommy once we started walking.
Marbles & Me
After brushing and riding the horses, we got to paint the horses. Yes, we got to put our hands all in the paint, and then rub it all over the horses. This was also SUPER fun. The horses loved it since it felt like it was getting lots of love from us! Here I am...making a handprint on Marbles!
Then, I gave Marbles a rub down of color all over his side!
Dipping my hands in all this paint was so fun too!
Then, we got to paint Moon. He looked so funny with all that color on him...it showed up really well since he is a white horse!
Cheering for Moon...
Sure was a fun birthday party! After doing all that, we got to go on a scavenger hunt, swing, and eat cupcakes! I had a great time. Happy Birthday, Jessi!

No comments: