Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brady Boy...Round 1

Happy Birthday to our Brady & a Happy 4th of July to everyone. We hope everyone had a great weekend...thanking God for our freedom. We sure had the most wonderful weekend...celebrating our Brady Boy & spending lots of time with family & friends. Enjoy the pictures. (Oh, and Mommy is now turning over the blogging to me...Brady...since it was my birthday!)


We had our family party on my birthday, July 2. (Yes, since both families together make for a large amount of people, we split up the celebrations.) I got to go out to eat at "big fire" (as the little kids call it...you know, the Japanese restaurants where they cook it in front of you!), and I ate A LOT of food..noodles, rice, zucchini, steak, chicken, etc. It was super yummy! I was also very entertained...here I am looking at the "big fire."

And, then...clapping for the chef who prepared our food!

After dinner, we came home to celebrate. Here is the dessert table...pound cake, funfetti cupcakes, and Dutch cookies...all some of my favorite things!

Daddy & Mommy with me, the Birthday Boy!

"Happy Birthday to Brady, Happy Birthday to You."

I really liked the singing...I clapped right along!

Daddy helping me blow out my candle!

Then, it was time to dive in...and I wasted no time...yummy!

I kept looking up because everyone was laughing and cheering me on!!

So, off came the hat...it was time to get serious...

...until it got all over my hands...and wouldn't come off! :) (Check out my facial expression!)

Another quick picture with Daddy & Mommy before they smashed the cake in my face...their birthday tradition for their children :)

Oma & Me

Poppy & Nana with me

After getting cleaned up, it was time for some presents. I didn't really unwrap any of them, but my cousins helped me. I just liked crawling on the gifts and playing with them once they were opened.

Yeah...a wagon. This was my gift from my Opa & Oma. McKinly & me are ready to go for a spin!


Mmm...wonder what's in this box from my sister, Averie?

Oh, something for me to sit... :) She gave me a lawnmower.Then...a new car! Man, turning 1 is so much fun. I got this from Daddy & Mommy, and I didn't want to get out of it the rest of the night. It was so much fun. It makes all sorts of sounds, and I love sitting in my car!

Fun...

Fun!

Averie sat in the wagon with me...I just love watching her!

This is what happens when one of us can walk (McKinly) and the other one can't (me)...McKinly gets control of the balloon because he can walk away with it! :) :) I think he is actually saying, "Ha ha, cousin Brady...I can walk and you can't." Just kidding! We get along great!

And, this is what happens when you are the oldest and only Karaffa granddaughter...you have to push the babies around :) I didn't care...I was pretty intense on perfecting my driving skills. Plus, Averie loves pushing me around.

We ended our celebration with Daddy throwing us way high in the air. We loved it!

Up, up, up...and away! :)

Once I got in my pj's, it was time for bed. But, Daddy & Mommy gave me a few more minutes to play with my car. Sure was a fun day!



And, Daddy & Mommy still can't believe I am already 1.

Happy Birthday to me!


2 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy 1st Birthday Brady! We had so much fun celebrating your special day! You are such an adorable and fun lil man! McKinly loves spending time with you and Averie! He is ready to come test out all the new loot you got for your birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Brady! The pictures are all adorable. It looks like you had a blast celebrating with your family and friends!