Tuesday, October 7, 2008

5K Race for the Cure

It's me, Brady, and guess what? I got to go on my first 5K walk this past weekend. (This was Averie's 2nd time going.) It was so much fun! Mommy, Averie, & I went with some of Mommy's friends to downtown Charlotte and we walked a little over 3 miles for the "Race for the Cure." It is to support research for finding a cure for breast cancer. I am so glad that I got to be a part of such a great event.


Here we are...right before the race. It was about 7:45 a.m. (much earlier than we'd like to be awake!) and it was pretty cold to start the day...it was about 50 degrees outside. Thankfully, it warmed up to about 65 degrees by the time the race was over. It was a gorgeous day for this walk. Mommy had us bundled and ready to go!


Here we are with Mommy...almost ready to start!

Here is the group...Ms. Daphne, Mrs. Kasey with Carmen, Mommy, & Mrs. Tonya...ready to walk!

Though it was cold at first, I was happy and ready to go!
Averie was more than excited to go...look at that face! :)
After the race, we took a few more pictures...Mommy & Averie!
Mommy & Me

Mommy & her good friend, Mrs. Tonya. They had fun getting our strollers through the crowds...it was great!

YAH!! What a great time I had!



And, Averie with Gavin (Mrs. Tonya's son)...she loves him too!



Mommy with her babies ~ Averie & me
It sure was a great morning!





No comments: