Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Daddy!



Hi Everyone ~ Brady & I will be taking turns telling about our very busy last week. We are both doing well, and God has been good to us.


Yesterday, we celebrated my Daddy's birthday. His real birthday was on Saturday, but he was our of town on a golf trip, so we celebrated when he got back. We really missed him, and we are glad that he is home safely.


For his birthday, I got to help make his birthday cake...it was one of his favorites, Funfetti Cake. Here I am ready to start...yes, all smiles!!

Mommy helped me crack the eggs and do some final stirring, but I did have fun mixing the batter...

...so fun...
Yes, this is the only time I can sit on the counter!!
Then, I got to lick the batter and make sure that it was good and ready! Yummy!
Then, with some great concentration, I put the batter in the pan to bake. I only spilled a little!

Look at me...having a great time making Daddy's cake!

One last good lick of the batter. Don't worry, I only had 3 licks...not that much!
Here I am...waiting patiently for it to bake...but I couldn't decorate it until after my nap...so we took a few more pictures before my nap!

After my nap, I got to help put the icing on it and then I decorated the cake with sprinkles just for my Daddy. When he came home, I showed him his cake, and he LOVED it. I am so glad I could make his cake...I was even more more happy to sing to Daddy and then eat it!

A crazy attempt for a family picture! I am eye balling that cake...and I am ready to sing!

After we sang, Daddy blew out his candles. But, after they all went out, a few came back on...Mommy said they were trick candles, but I didn't know what to think...check out my face!

We blew them out again, & when the candles relit again, I squealed & check out what Brady thought of it!! :)
This went on for about 3-5 minutes...it was too much for me. Check out my face as Mommy finally got the candles to go out! That was so fun!
Daddy loved his cake, and he really loved the Panther replica helmet that Brady & I gave him.
Happy Birthday, my Daddy. I love you so very much!








No comments: