Sunday, July 6, 2008

Introducing...

My big sister, Averie, said that I could share my story with you since we are going to be sharing this blog together...isn't she so sweet already to be sharing with me? :) :) So, here is my story...
Here is my Daddy all prepped and ready to meet my Mommy in the operating room. The time is 12:47 p.m. (Daddy & Mommy got to the hospital at 10:30 to get Mommy all prepped for the C-section. They wheeled her back at 12:20, and then had Daddy meet her when they were ready for the C-section to begin. Of course, before they started, the doctors, nurses, and my Daddy & Mommy were all making bets on how much I would weigh and what gender I would be. And, between the 10 or so people in the room, all but 2 said I would be a boy and they guessed my weight somewhere between 9.5-10.2 pounds...how funny is that!!)

And, 10 minutes after the first incision, at 12:57 on Wednesday, July 2, I came into this world. Daddy watched me come out and couldn't more happily say, "It's a boy" to my Mommy. They say it's a moment they will both never forget. And, here I am...Brady Joseph, right after being born.
And, just in case you couldn't believe it, here is the picture of the scale while I am on it...yep, 11 pounds, 5 ounces!! I am a healthy baby :)
Daddy helped calm me down while the doctors were tending to Mommy. Daddy had the happiest look in his eyes...even Mommy said the same thing.
Then, Daddy brought me over to see Mommy. What a very sweet moment...all 3 of us there! We were all so happy that everything went so smoothly and that I am finally here!
And, me & my Mommy. This is taken before we left the operating room, so that is why Mommy looks upside down. Look, we're already holding fingers!!
And, one last picture of me in the operating room before I go back to recovery with Daddy & Mommy and get ready to meet my family and friends.



No comments: