Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mommy's Surprise Party!

Well, our Mommy turned the big 3-0, and our Daddy gave her the best surprise party! We had the best time. Mommy thought she was going to The Melting Pot with Daddy, Uncle Todd, & Aunt Helen, and Oma offered to babysit Brady & me. When we got to Oma's at 7:00, Mommy walked in with Brady (Daddy & I were right behind them!) and everyone shouted, "SURPRISE!" Mommy said she almost dropped Brady...she was SO surprised. She had NO idea. In fact, she even looked at Daddy and said, "Did you know about this?" And, of course, he laughed and said that he had planned the whole thing!! Daddy (with Oma & Aunt Helen's help) had planned this whole party just for my Mommy...to celebrate her! It was a great night...yummy catered food (including a chocolate fountain, cheese, and pasta...all Mommy's favorites!!), beautiful decorations (hot pink/lime green colors), live music, & fireworks at the end of the evening...all with family and friends! Mommy was so surprised and so happy...it was a wonderful night.


Here she is...walking in!!

We attempted a group picture...well, we got most of the people in the picture!!

Then, we sang "Happy Birthday" to Mommy. That's one of my favorite songs :)
Then, as is tradition at most parties at Opa & Oma's house, someone always ends up in the pool. Well, Daddy thought it'd be perfect to let Mommy go in...so he got her in the pool...of course, he went in as well...and some of Daddy & Mommy's friends too. It was really funny! Here they are right after getting out of the pool!
Then, they let me get in the water too...I got to go swimming late at night...from about 9:30-10:30, and it was so fun. I didn't have a bathing suit, so I got to swim without one on...actually, I put my cousin Stephanie's bathing suit on, but she is much smaller than I am, so it just covered my rear end!! I stayed up until 12:00, and I was such a good girl.
Here is the gang that got in the water...good thing it wasn't too cold!


And, since Daddy was already wet, he thought it'd be fun to jump in with me. It was great!
And, our family picture...minus Brady, of course, who was asleep and couldn't get in the water!

Daddy's side of the family...minus Brady & McKinly who were both asleep.

And, of course, Daddy dancing with Mommy...I got to dance with my Daddy too, but I let him dance with Mommy also since it was her night :) What a great night celebrating Mommy!
Then, Opa let off fireworks at the end of the night...I thought that they were amazing! It was a great end to a great night. Thanks Daddy, for celebrating Mommy...and letting me celebrate with you!



No comments: