Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to our Averie ~ Part 2

On my real birthday (my party was on a different day), my Daddy, Mommy, & Brady woke me up with a "3" candle lit and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I got up so excited. Then, when I went downstairs, the kitchen table was covered with a sheet. Daddy pulled off the sheet, and underneath was this amazing doll house...and a few other presents...and my birthday hat! I wasn't sure what to think at first, but once Daddy & Mommy showed me how to play with my doll house, I haven't been doing much else. I LOVE IT! It has all these furnished rooms with a Daddy, Mommy, big sister, and twin babies to play with.
Daddy & Me on my birthday morning!
Daddy & Mommy also gave me a little pink Bible to take to church. I have been wanting one for a while, and they said when I turned 3, I could start taking one. So, I am excited about bringing this Bible with me to church...just like Daddy & Mommy do!
Daddy & Mommy also gave me this wooden cake set...it's so much fun to put the candles on it, sing "Happy Birthday" and then hand out the cake slices to Daddy, Mommy, & Brady.
And, I got a few books from Daddy & Mommy...I love to read!
My brother, Brady, got me a pink laptop for me to "check email." Yes, I do check my email...that's what I tell people that I'm doing. I've looked at this at the store for a long time, and I asked my Brady to give it to me. I was so excited to get it. What fun this was with my family!
Playing with my doll house some more...I played with this on my birthday for over 2 hours at one time...Mommy had to pry me from it so that I could at least take a little nap!
For my birthday dinner, Daddy, Mommy, Brady, my grandparents, and almost all my uncles, aunts, & cousins celebrated with me at "Big Fire," which is what we call the Japanese restaraunt that we all love to go to. They cook the food right in front of you and always make a big fire during it. Poppy & Nana Karaffa decorated my chair with this butterfly balloon!
About half way through the meal, I kept wanting to go sit with my Opa...so, when I finished my food, I sat on his lap and fed him his food. My Mommy says that it's amazing what grandparents will let their grandkids do!! :)
Then, almost everyone came over to my house after dinner. I had cupcakes and pound cake for everyone. Everyone sang to me, and I loved it, of course!
Mommy thought it would be funny to put some "trick" candles on my cupcake. After I blew them all out, they all started lighting back up...check out my face. I was shocked. I kept blowing them out, and they would keep lighting back up. I finally started laughing at them!
Then, I got to open my presents from my grandparents & my uncles/aunts/cousins...I got too many gifts, but I sure am having fun with them...Here is the coffee maker that I got from Poppy & Nana.
And, they got me a vacuum cleaner...how fun!
I got a McDonald's play set from Uncle Blair, Aunt Blip-Blip, and McKinly...I love to play restaurant with them.
And, Opa & Oma gave me this monogrammed "A" silver bracelet...I am showing it to you! (They also gave me a wooden high chair for my baby doll & 2 dresses for church.) All my VW uncles/aunts/cousins gave me this scooter...now I can be just like my uncles and Opa riding through the greenhouses!
Opa & me...putting together my coffee maker (while checking email...if you can see the laptop on Opa's lap!
I don't know who likes playing more...me or Aunt Blip-Blip? :)
Daddy & Brady watching all the excitement!
A quick family picture...of course, I am too busy to look, but I did smile! :)
Opa & Oma with Brady & mePoppy & Nana with Brady & me And, a 4 generation picture...GiGi, Poppy, Daddy, & Brady
Last birthday picture...Mommy & me. What a great birthday!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Averie had a super fun Birthday weekend...and of course I enjoy playing with all her new toys too..haha!